Chances are if you want to hire a contractor for roofing project, he is going to use vocabulary that is not familiar to you.so learn this basic roofing term before talking to roofing contractor:
- Shingles: Roof coverings made of various materials, including asphalt, slate, wood or tile.
- Flashing: Thin pieces of impervious material installed to prevent the passage of water into a structure from a joint or as part of a weather resistant barrier (WRB) system.
- Underlayment: material that is applied to the deck of your roof before the shingles are installed to withstand the shingles
- Ridge vent:Allow damp warm air to escape the attic. It increase energy efficiency
- Fascia: The front board along your roofline
- Sheathing/Deck: layer of boards or words the cover outer side of roofing underneath of Shingles
Consulate with local roofers in your area for your roofing project