So you have made up your mind to finish your basement, and you are contemplating on hiring a contractor or doing it yourself. Here are the steps in designing and finishing your basement .
- Basement layout: specify walls,doors and breakings in the framing, consider electrical outlet and switches,your plumbing needs for sink,shower,toilet
Get your hands dirty:
- Start by framing your walls to create the room
- Electrical is next step, finish your wiring and outlet before moving on to plumbing
- layout pipe and set-up sink and toilets first that make the remaining steps easy
- Time for installing insilation and drywall in your basement
- Follow up with painting the walls
- If there is a need to install Doors and Trims , do it at this step
- if your plan calls for flooring or carpeting? after you have completed laying the floor down or carpet you are done
There are always renovation contractors to assist with the task.